KIPP Bay Area has developed a distance learning plan that supports all students.
Our campuses may be closed, but we know that a building doesn’t make a school. Our students, families, and teachers are the heart and soul of KIPP, and we are committed to providing effective distance learning during campus closures. Together, we will all continue to learn.
Our approach to distance learning brings together online standards-based Math and English/Language Arts programs, independent reading, wellness and progress check-ins with teachers, and Google Classroom lessons and activities. Each of our schools has distributed Chromebooks, online resource recommendations, and learning plans to all of our families. Structures for check-ins with students and establishing distance learning advisors have also been set up to support students.
Distance learning goals through the end of the year:
- Students demonstrate mastery on the adjusted set of standards we have targeted for each grade.
- Teachers skillfully execute plans tailored for targeted, intentional, and meaningful learning.
- Teachers are provided guidance and support with online resources, focused standards, and assessments.
- Our KIPP community knows we support them through any challenges they are facing, offering guidance and understanding.
- Teachers, students, and leaders feel connected to one another.
Teachers are provided guidance and support on grading, online resources, focused standards, and assessments.
Learn more about our standards-based Online Learning Tools.
All schools’ distance learning plans include:
Focus on nurturing students’ sense of safety and belonging. Connecting virtually to maintain our close school culture among all our students and families.
Students are given 2 to 3 hours of instruction and work time daily. Daily lessons include instruction and tasks.
Teachers provide each student with feedback and any additional instruction needed.
Virtual meetings between teachers, students & families. Meetings differentiate based on student need.
Learning plans and support for ELL and students with IEPs
Additional personalized learning resources that students can access to further their own learning, outside of the teacher lessons.