Board of Directors
About Our Board
The KIPP Public Schools Northern California Board of Directors is a devoted group of community leaders who believe in the transformative power of education. The KIPP board holds a deep-seated conviction that all children, regardless of social and economic backgrounds, can learn and achieve at high levels. They are dedicated to operating high-performing free public charter schools that prepare students for successful choice-filled lives.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the overall governance of the organization. The duties of the Board include defining the organization’s strategic direction, serving as a fiduciary and ensuring fiscal health, ensuring adequate resources to achieve organizational goals, establishing regional policy, and championing the organization in the community. In order to fulfill these duties, the board regularly recruits accomplished individuals who are experts in a variety of professional fields including, but not limited to, education, business and finance, real estate, and law.
Contact Our Board
Grace Voorhis, Board Chair | email@example.com
Mackenzie Ayers, Board Secretary | firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
2022-23 Calendar — Board Meetings
Fall Retreat — September 27, 2022 — 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM | Agenda
December 13, 2022 — 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Members of the public are invited to come to our meeting location located at the Sobrato Center: 1400 Parkmoor Ave. San Jose, CA.
- All KIPP NorCal school sites serve as satellite locations, and members of the public can visit a school site to participate in the meeting.
- If you cannot make it, a meeting recording will be posted within 24 hours, and minutes will be posted once approved by the board at a subsequent meeting.
March 7, 2023 — 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Board Retreat —April 26, 2023 — 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
June 6, 2023 — 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
2021-22 Committee Meetings
Audit Committee Dates and Times TBD
All KIPP Public Schools Northern California Board Meetings are open to the public in accordance with the Brown Act. Agendas for KIPP Public Schools Northern California Board meetings are posted on this page and at publicly accessible locations on KIPP Public Schools Northern California campuses at least 72 hours in advance of each meeting. Board Members and appropriate staff receive annual Brown Act training to ensure public access requirements are met.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to attend the meeting and require accommodations to do so, such as interpretation services, or if you have any questions related to attending a Board meeting.
If you require the services of an interpreter, we ask that you reach out 48 hours in advance of the meeting. With less advance notice, we will make every effort to provide these services, but cannot guarantee them. Please reach out as soon as possible.
Public Records Request
To request public records, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within 10-days.
- KIPP Public Schools Northern California Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- KIPP Public Schools Northern California Board-Adopted Policies (English)
- KIPP Public Schools Northern California Board-Adopted Policies (Español)
- Distance Learning Policy (English)
- Distance Learning Policy (Español)
Historic Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- 2021-22 Board Meetings
- 2021-22 Committee Meetings
- 2020-21 Board Meetings
- 2020-21 Committee Meetings
- 2019-20 Board Meetings
- 2019-20 Committee Meetings
- 2018-19 Board Meetings
- 2017-18 Board Meetings
- 2016-17 Board Meetings
- 2015-16 Board Meetings
Our Educational Protection Account Resolution
- 2020-21 EPA Spending
- 2019-20 EPA Spending
- 2017-18 EPA Spending
- 2016-17 EPA Spending
- 2015-16 EPA Spending
- 2014-15 EPA Spending
- 2013-14 EPA Spending
- 2012-13 EPA Spending