First and foremost, we hope this message finds you in good health and good spirits, given the current public health crisis. We understand that every one is experiencing this situation a little differently depending on your campus protocols and situations. If you need any support navigating what to do, please reach out to your advisor ASAP. Below is a roundup of resources that can be helpful:
KTC has emergency funds available for students with immediate needs (ex. flight ticket or other transportation; food expenses; school expenses). In some cases, we can provide the funding immediately and in other cases, it can take up to two weeks. Please reach out to your advisor ASAP so that we can process your request immediately and provide the funding that you need.
Additionally, some foundations and companies are offering funding for COVID-19 related expenses:
Scholly – $200 cash assistance
Undocuscholars – for undocumented students and families
For many students, it can be an adjustment to take online courses. Here is an article with tips and recommendations for succeeding in your online courses. Please continue to check your emails, Canvas, and other student portals for updates from your professors.
Also, check out our previous blog post with time management tips as well as this tutorial on the Pomodoro method!
It is natural to feel a surge of anxiety and stress. Whether you have experienced anxiety in the past or not, now is a perfect time to practice grounding and mindfulness.
- Here is a 6-minute instructional video for a practice called Trauma Tapping Technique. You can follow these steps and repeat them as many times as you need until you feel a sense of calm.
- Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” to 741741
- If you identify as a person of color, text “STEVE” to 741741
- Stay rooted in the facts. Here is panic-free fact-based video about COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control cleaning and disinfecting guides
- CDC Hand washing Guide (wash your hands everyone!)
- Check out this fun list of activities to do indoors!
- Comcast is offering free internet access! Please read this article for more details.
We hope you can find these resources helpful! Please feel free to reach out to your advisor if you have any questions or concerns. We will get through this, together!
Your KTC Advisors